June 16, 2012

Retrieval Surgery Done!

Well my alarm went off at 5:15 this morning! Yes 5:15! I guess my husband and I were both so anxious b/c neither of us fell asleep till after 1:00am! I followed all my instructions and checked my "check list" before we headed to my doctor's office. The retrieval was performed there on the other side of the fertility clinic. I had no clue that office was so big. It takes up the entire second floor. We went over everything with my nurse and then my doctor came in for any last minute questions/concerns/etc. I also met the anesthesiologist and went over a few things with him. The procedure only took about 20 minutes according to my husband and then I went to recovery for a little bit. I felt pretty good besides slight tinges of discomfort in my lower abdomen. They retrieved 17 mature eggs and the embryologist will call us mid morning tomorrow to let us know how many fertilized. We will get an update every other day until it's time for the embroyo transfer. Which realistically could be between Tuesday and Thursday of next week! I started my progesterone today which are in the form of pills and not injectables! Thank God! It's odd b/c I take one "vaginally" in the mornings and one "orally" at night. My doctor says it can make you really nauseous when taken orally that's why I only do oral at night. However today both doses will be vaginally. I received one after retrieval and the other one we'll do tonight. Then tomorrow starts the alternating. We came home and I immediately took a long nap with my husband. I'll basically be taking it easy the rest of the weekend and then back to work on Monday. Depending on when the transfer is I'll just work from home remainder of the week so I can take it easy. Tomorrow- I'll start the Crinone (vaginal progesterone gel insert) and the Medrol which I'll take orally for 7 days twice a day. Oh and also baby aspirin once a day. I can't believe we are at this point!! It's just surreal how far we've come! I'll let everyone know updates as I receive them. Thank you all for the prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment