May 14, 2010

Ummmm...not QUITTTTTE what I had in mind-

Gee-zus! So I did my 2-a-days on Tuesday and Wednesday just fine. By the time Thursday hit it was too brutal for me to handle! lol Instead of the gym on Thursday morning I did Jillian Michael's' 30 Day Shred DVD (hate her!!). I thought I'd do the gym that evening but I had a major headache all day. I came home popped two Excedrin migraine and ended up taking a 2 1/2 hour nap! Needless to say I did not make it to the gym that evening. I was just too tired! This morning I didn't even attempt to wake up early. In fact, I actually slept in and came to work 30 minutes late! WTH?

My legs are sore and my arms hurt to lift--I'm just a wreck. I think my body just bitch-slapped me into reality! Dude I'm not fit enough to do 2-a-days! Hell I can barely do one-a-days! lol So today I'm taking a rest day as well, no gym no DVD-nothing. I do plan on running in the morning though. Pray for me (smh)!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry the two-a-days kicked your butt! It's running though - not texas high school football so just working out 4-5 times a week or so is enough. It's actually really good to give your body a break.

    I know your goal race is right around the corner... take it easy and don't push yourself too much... you are ready for it... keep training and you will have it in the bag!

    Best thing about your first race at a new distance is that it will always be your PR - personal record! So enjoy it, it's going to be your best to date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry- I know you are right I do and I admit I proooooobably over-did it just a tad! lol I have learned my lesson. I had a total rest day today and "IF" I feel up to it I'll run tmrw. If not I won't press the issue.

    I'm totally going to be ready for my run next Saturday! I'm not going to mess it up and you are right again my PR will be perfect b/c it'll be mine :-)

    ReplyDelete