May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Feeling a little gloomy today.....a little teary. It's Mother's Day and once again I'm still not a mother, not even pregnant yet. I know my time is coming soon with the help of IVF so I'm happy but it's still a bit bittersweet.

I just sent out like 30 Happy Mother's Day texts and all of a sudden I thought WOW when is this going to happen for me. Sigh~

I hope I can shake this feeling because I don't want it to ruin family day today. I have a lot to be thankful for. I'm an aunt to the most precocious and wonderful nephew on the planet who I was honored to help raise since he was 2 1/2 weeks old. He has brought a tremendous amount of joy in my life and even made me feel like a mom at times. I'm thankful for those little snap-shots of the future. So for now I'll just relish in being the super-cool auntie that I am :-)

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and for all the ladies still trying as I am, our time is coming...

2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling all too well... one too many gloomy mothers' days in my past. I hope you had a good time with family and I pray that this time next year, you'll be celebrating this day as a MOM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS MEL! I KNOW YOU UNDERSTAND HOW I FELT. I'M BETTER NOW. I CONFIDED IN MY HUSBAND LAST NIGHT B/C HE KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG AND WAS PRESSING THE ISSUE ALL DAY. HE WS GIVING ME LOTS OF HUGS, KISSES AND EVEN MORE ATTENTION THAN NORMAL. LOL

    ONCE I TOLD HIM I FELT A RELEASE- I DON'T KNOW WHY I TRY TO HANDLE EVERYTHING ON MY OWN-IT'S A CANCER THING I THINK! SMH~

    ReplyDelete