July 25, 2012

WTH....Early Pregnancy Rash!

The last few nights I have been itching my butt off! My legs, arms and tummy mostly! I've been scratching away and I thought it was my sheets so I stripped the linen and washed them...Nope nope nope not it! So I went to work today itching and scratching and I finally took a look. Ow! I had red patches and scratch marks everywhere! Some place were even a little raw. I guess I had been scratching in my sleep also and didn't know it.

So I contacted the nurse and waited for her to call me back and in the meantime I googled! Gee-zus! There are a lot of pregnancy rashes out there http://www.justmommies.com/pregnancy/concerns-and-complications/rashes-during-pregnancy

My nurse called me back and said it's probably just an early pregnancy rash mixed w/ our lovely Texas heat! She told me I could try some Benedryl Topical Cream on the raised areas. I haven't picked any up yet but I did get some Aveeno Oatmeal Bath treatment, Aveeno Bodywash and a new sponge. Got home and had a long soak and I feel much better. If it continues tomorrow I'll go get that Benedryl b/c WOW-ZERS!!! However, even if this is another negative aspect of pregnancy I still see it as a positive, a confirmation. I'm itching but I'll take it!

Updates:
1. Hubby comes home on Friday night and I can't wait! It's been two very long weeks!
2. My sono is in 4 days!!!! SO EXCITED!
3. No more morning sickness just occasional nausea, breasts are still really sore and I'm still tinkling about 20 times a day (no exaggeration)

2 comments:

  1. Till the last min. I think early pregnancy is pregnancy at therir young age. Now i cleraly know about what is early preganancy? thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL we are learning together dear trust me!

    ReplyDelete