July 6, 2012

I'm sorry sir I can't go to Jamaica or Mexico...

My 35th birthday is on Monday and as a surprise my husband told me last night he was taking me on a surprise birthday trip! Leaving Sunday and returning on Wednesday! Jamaica or Mexico my choice! He had resorts picked out for both just waiting for my choice.

Only thing is I HATE FLYING!!! When I say HATE, I truly mean HATE! My blood pressure goes through the roof and my anxiety is so bad I literally shake the entire time. I can't go to sleep or relax and I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest. I decided my last flight that I'd start taking meds b/f I fly. Well now that I'm pregant I definitely can't be doping up per say! Not to mention I don't want to do anything out of the ordinary while I'm so early in my pregnancy. I'm afraid the spike in blood pressure could cause some negative result and frankly I'm not willing to risk that over a trip that I can take later.

My husband said he understood but I could tell he was a wee bit disappointed last night. However this morning he pulled me close and said that it's really OK and we'll go when I'm more comfortable. Gosh I love that man!

As much as I'd love to go relax on a beach and play in the water I just want to get through this first trimester without worrying if I'm doing something to hurt our baby. After 4 years on this journey no trip is worth the anxiety I'd feel trying to fly somewhere.

Our 5 yr anniversary is in 2.5 months and I'll be in my second trimester by then so maybe we will make it to that beach after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment