June 7, 2010

CRR I BID ADIEU TO YOU!

I've been at my firm since I was 22 years old. I always LOVED it! It was a small firm and I felt apart of everything. I have two bosses one sweet and funny- she's like my 60 yr old BFF. The other I use to really respect and admire but not anymore. A lot has changed in 10 and 1/2 yrs but I never thought in a million years I'd feel the way I do now.

My boss "D" hired her lazy, un-employed, "sickly", loser of a son about 2 yrs ago and since then my job has been HELL! I do not work well with lazy people and I do not hold my tongue, needless to say sparks have been flying for a while now. On a personal level I get along fine with the DB of a son, but on a professional level I loathe him beyond words. My BFF boss "M" and I have told boss "D" repeatedly that her son does not take this job seriously. Basically that was the biggest waste of time ever. Regardless of his lack of productivity, knowledge of our industry, countless missed days, 5-7 smoke breaks a day-I mean hell I could go on and on. She still protects him like a mother bear would her cub. It's utterly ridiculous.

During this time I have witnessed the most un-ethical and appalling behavior ever and it gets under my skin to the point that it literally makes me sick. I half way didn't think I'd actually leave when BFF boss did but once all this nonsense started to transpire it really put things into prospective.

My husband and I planned on me being a SAHM once we started our family anyway so my leaving isn't a big stretch. I hope to get pregnant this summer with our first IVF and move on to the next chapter of my life. It's very scary though not knowing about my day to day. This firm was a HUGE part of my life and it saddens me to leave especially feeling this way but life is unpredictable. I thank God that I have a supportive husband that supports me emotionally and is able to support us financially. This is uncharted territory for me because I've never been un-employed in my adult life. If I don't enjoy being home or we do not get PG right away I can always go back to corporate America if I choose. Frankly, for right now I'm happy to be leaving. Happy to be having some ME time and not having to be somewhere everyday or deal with the drama that is CRR.

My BFF boss is retiring on September 30th and I am "retiring" on that date as well. I'd be lying if I said it doesn't make me weepy to close this chapter of my life but I've come to the realization that my morals, sanity and happiness is worth more than any salary they could ever pay me.

I'm looking forward to becoming a mom and owning my own time. I wish all my reporters the best and I will miss you all dearly. 115 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment