July 19, 2010

Back from NY! Welcome Home Me!



I'm so glad to be back home! Departing was bitter-sweet due to the fact I was leaving and hubby was staying. As they say: "Parting is such sweet sorrow".


After my days of relaxing in NJ while hubby worked at night I was very excited to get back to the city for my final day out. We went to the Guggenheim, The MET, had lunch, did some shopping and had a peak at Central Park. The museums were exquisite! I can't wait to go back so I can see the MOMA, The Whitney and the Natural Museum of Science. I saw a lot while on my vacay but I still have so much to see on my next visit.

Must-sees when I return: Central Park (the full experience), Yankee Stadium, Harlem, Chinatown, Canal Street, Ground Zero, etc. Oh and I of course want to see another Broadway play. I hope "In the Heights" is still playing when I return. I heard it was wonderful.

Revelation: I didn't enjoy it at the time but I'm glad I did all the public transportation/walking it really made me feel so New York ya know. Just beating the pavement and figuring out my way (with the hubs of course). That is just not the culture here in Texas b/c everyone has a car and everyone drives. So learning to be on someone else's time (cabbies) and the train schedules, etc. I'm not a patient person so I had to learn to go with the flow. I think I learned by my last day! lol

Our final day in NY was great! Just being with my husband, walking, talking and holding hands was indulgent. Funny how all the little things are so vivid when you know it's coming to an end.

I'm looking forward to my return this fall. I plan to go back in October after I've stopped working so I'm not on time constraints. Tommy is coming home in August for a few days and maybe for a weekend in September. His company worked out a plan for everyone to alternate going home for a few days so that was nice. He misses home already too so I know he is happy to come back even if only for a few days.

I had a wonderful trip-it was great to see my husband and NY is a entirely new culture for a Texan but I could love it :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment