August 28, 2013

Sleep Training

So AH had her 6 month appointment yesterday and we asked for advice because she's still not sleeping through the night. We explained to our doctor what we do etc

She basically said WE are the reason she doesn't sleep thru the night

She said:

NO MORE FEEDINGS IN THE WEE HOURS BECAUSE WE ARE TEACHING HER THAT THAT IS ACCEPTABLE.

LET HER CRY IT OUT
BABIES CAN CRY UP TO THREE HOURS AS LONG AS THEY DO NOT HAVE A FEVER

BABIES HER AGE SHOULD BE SLEEPING FOR TWELVE HOURS AND ARE TOTALLY FINE NOT EATING AFTER BEDTIME

So we put a plan in play last night and here is how it played out:
Started 8/27/13
Age- 6 mos, 1 day

Last food feeding at 6:45
Last bottle at 8:20
Sleep by 8:30
Woke- 12:34am
(Changed her diaper after 15 minutes of crying then immediately left the room. I never picked her up)
Back asleep by 1:43 (after on and off CIO for a little over an hour)
Woke- 5:30
Let CIO until 5:50 when she fell back asleep. Back up just cooing (not crying) at 6:00. 
Daddy brought her to me with a bottle at 6:00. I held her and talked to her etc.  Gave bottle at 6:15.  She was noticeably tired afterward. Back asleep after bottle and clean diaper around 6:30-ish and she slept till 9:30!

(All in all not too bad. I didn't feel as tired even though I was up for over an hour when she woke up the first time. At 6:00 her mood was not bad or anything, still my smiley happy girl)

I think it was a success!

NOW THE FUNNY THING IS I PUT THIS VERY SAME PLAN IN PLAY A MONTH AGO BUT REVERTED! Lol I KNEW MOTHER'S INTUITION WAS ALWAYS RIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment