February 26, 2015

Happy 2nd Birthday Avery-Harper

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET BABY GIRL LITTLE MISS AVERY-HARPER!!!

Most of you know via my blog that I have fertility problems. For four long years I underwent numerous medications, hormones, injections and a few surgeries to correct the problem. In the end I found out IVF was my only option. It was super scary, super expensive and not guaranteed. My husband gave me 2-3 injections in my stomach daily for numerous weeks. I was being monitored by my fertility doctor 5-6 times a week. We spent well over $35,000 out of pocket during those 4 years. But at the end of it all we were blessed with our miracle.

Avery-Harper decided to come a few days before she was scheduled. She caught us totally off guard and arrived with her mother looking a HOT MESS (which you'll see in the video 😒) When she was delivered via c-section she swallowed a lot of amniotic fluid. Because of that I was unable to see her in person for almost 7 hours after she was born! There's a moment in the video where the nurse wheels her in the room. She hands her to me and I just held her in front of my face and looked at her. I nuzzled her face to mine and my heart immediately exploded. I wept and wept and wept. I wept for all those years, all those shots, all those tears and for all of my fear I had going on that journey. Words can not explain what I felt finally holding my own child. My mom always told me "there is no love like a mother's love" and "when you're a mother you'll understand". She was right and I'd go through all of that again and again just to have this kind of love in my life. So if I post too many pictures or I'm too mushy with my status updates, that's why. Without that journey I may not be a mother today! Avery-Harper is both my blessing and my miracle. The way I love her can not be explained. God forbid if I were only given these two years to be her mother. Well I'd definitely say it was worth my entire existence.

I've shared this video here before bc it means the world to me. After two years I still can't believe she's here. I still can't believe that I'm a mom.

Turn up the volume and enjoy! Thank you BluDoor Studios for this amazing gift! I called you all last minute to tell you she was arriving within an hour and somehow you made it! You stayed at the hospital for 8 hours just so you could get these images! We are forever indebted to you!
https://www.facebook.com/bludoorstudios. http://www.bludoorstudios.com

Here's Avery-Harper's BIRTH day video!
http://video214.com/play/ZbEHnvSiyaoRET0y1rl5rA/s/dark

1 comment: