February 16, 2015

DIY Chalkboard Mirror

This old mirror use to grace one of the walls of my mom's formal living room. She always loved this old mirror but it was never my style. After her passing I decided to keep the mirror. I didn't exactly know why I was keeping it but something just wouldn't allow me to part with it. So it sat in my garage for over a year. During one of our garage sales many people tried to purchase it but I always declined. Now I'm in the process of redoing my daughter's room and I thought the mirror would make a great "fancy" chalkboard. I figured I could use it to write inspirational messages to her each day. This DIY project was fairly easy and now my daughter has a piece of her grandma's décor hanging in her room.  It turned out really cute and I love being able to walk in her room and see my mom's mirror.  It brings back so many memories and I get to relive them multiple times a day! Now I just have to work on my chalkboard handwriting and graphics skills! Ha! #repurpose
 
 
BEFORE

BEFORE

I APPLIED THREE COATS OF RUSTOLEUM
 CHALKBOARD PAINT

CONDITIONING---WHICH MEANT ROLLING CHALK ON IT
 SIDE ALL OVER THE BOARD, THEN EARASING

AFTER

AFTER

AFTER


No comments:

Post a Comment