October 29, 2014

Turns out she didn't need Stitches...

So last Wednesday on 10/22/14 my daughter took a spill inside of a store at the mall.
She fell in a store and hit her head on a table displaying products.
She screamed, I picked her up and she stopped crying immediately.  She hugged my neck and motioned to get down so I put her down. As we were walking my sister Jesseca started yelling "she's bleeding she's bleeding"!!!!

I picked her up and put her on the counter so I could figure out where the blood was coming from. Blood was just gushing down her face and neck. I only stayed calm bc she wasn't crying at all!! In fact she was smiling and trying to play. I saw that the blood was coming from the side of her head so I took down her ponytail and applied pressure. The bleeding clotted quickly. All the while she was playing with everything on the counter 😳😳😳😳

Sent photo to hubby and he said I think stitches so I headed to ER. He met us there. Doctor said they could do staples but that it wasn't really necessary bc it'll heal on its on in a few days. Basically it looked worse than it was!!!! You would have never known this child was hurt! She played and danced the entire time in the ER!!!

Now don't misunderstand because I was totally freaked! I ONLY kept my cool bc she wasn't crying and I knew I couldn't help her if I panicked. I learned that from her first allergic reaction to eggs when the 911 operator was trying to calm me down 😐 #mommyfail
Had she been crying in distress I might have freaked out because it was A LOTTTTTT of blood. The doctor said the head always always bleeds a lot so I'll remember that.

Nevertheless she's great! The gash healed beautifully and quickly! I'm super proud of my girl because she took that incident like a champ! Within minutes of her fall even with blood everywhere she was totally unfazed. If it had not been for the blood I would have never known she was hurt. I thank God it wasn't serious and my baby was OK.

Moral to the story......my baby is gangsta! 😎




No comments:

Post a Comment