October 13, 2014

Endometrial Biopsy Performed

Back from my endometrial biopsy and it was a highly uncomfortable 25 seconds!!!! I took 3 Advil a few minutes before to help curve the discomfort. It was a quick procedure but here I am more than an hour after leaving the doctor and I'm still cramping.  Cramping and light bleeding are both common and should subside by tomorrow morning.  I just have to take it easy the remainder of the evening. All and all it was not a bad process and also a very small fee ($250) to increase my chances for baby #2!!!

From what I can recall the procedure went like this-

Undress waist down
Feet in stir-ups
Chair elevated
Speculum inserted
Catheter inserted
Tool used for scraping the uterine lining

The entire procedure was less than 5 minutes. Hubby was in there with me the entire time holding my hand.  I checked in a 2:05 and was walking to my car by 2:25.


My cycle should start in a week or so and then the real protocol shall commence!!!


Oh found this article about the endometrial and the possibility of boosting one's chances:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WomensHealth/womb-scratching-technique-boost-ivf-success/story?id=17365332


BABYDUST TO YOU ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment