January 10, 2013

Today's Appointment

What a crazy doctor appointment I had today--
First of all this was the first appointment that my husband missed. My best friend was also suppose to go but she had to do something with her mom. So off I went on my doctor's appointment alone. I get there and I wait about 15 minutes. Once I was called to the back the sono-tech asked me why I was having another sono. I said I don't know it's just what I was told. She determined I didn't need one which pissed me off because I was looking forward to seeing my daughter today. She took me back to the waiting room because a examination room was not available yet. So I go back out and I wait until my regular nurse comes to get me. She asks me how I was doing and I told her I was annoyed because I was expecting a sono but the technician decided I didn't need one!  So she went to get my OB and she immediately came in and said OK let me fix the issue. She told the tech to give me a sono immediately so I was able to see my princess. She was doing fine! She had her arms crossed over her face as if she was blocking out light. Eventually she moved them and I was able to see her little face. She was yawning and wiggling around. I think this is the first time that I got a good look at her face. It was only for a split second but it was precious. The sono was quick just to make sure my fibroids were still small and the baby had plenty of room.

After that I went back into the examination room with a better attitude! My vitals were checked and everything was good including my blood pressure. The drama started when my doctor was listening for the baby's heartbeat. She found it but it was really fast, kind of skipping and slightly muffled. That worried me a bit but I tried not to panic. My doctor decided it was better to be safe so she ordered me to be monitored. They took me to another room and hooked me up to a monitor to make sure her heartbeat was alright. I text my husband and bestie to let them know what was going on. They both were like of all days for something odd to occur and you're alone. I assured them I was fine and I just went through the process. It took about 25 minutes and every time she moved I was suppose to press a button. Everything ended up being fine but I was pretty close to tears at the beginning. Just the thought of something being wrong freaked me out. It turns out that her heart rate was normal but because she was moving so much it kept spiking up really high and muffling.

I basically went from being slightly blue that I had to go to my appt alone, to pissed because I didn't think I was going to get my sono to frightened when I thought the baby's heartbeat was irregular! After almost two hours at the doctor's I was exhausted, both physically and mentally!

My next appointment is on the 24th and after this next appointment I will be going in every week! The finish line is fast approaching! I can not wait to see her face and hold her in my arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment