I can not believe I can say that I'll be a mom next week!!! The time is almost here! In a mere 10 days I will be holding my daughter in my arms! It's so surreal! I'm ready though! I'm so uncomfortable. It's hard to breathe and my back is always hurting. My pregnancy has been a good one though. This last month has been a bit much but besides that I can not complain.
Things I've experienced during my first pregnancy:
1. I was constantly tinkling!!! Not just normal tinkling but I mean "going" while I'm "going" and when I stopped "going" I'd start to "go" again!!! So crazy!
2. My lack of appetite and how quickly I became full. I mean that is one thing I wouldn't mind continuing b/c I ate WAYYYYYY more when I wasn't pregnant!
3. My lack of energy! Geezus I think this was by far the hardest thing for me b/c I'm such a
"get-up-and-go" girl. I've never taken so many naps and been so physically spent in my life. It made me feel so unproductive and lazy. Baking a baby is harddddddddd work!
4. The pressure from a big belly!!! Just having this bowling ball sitting right on my abdomen is brutal!! I feel so heavy and huge!
5. The constant "grunting"! Every time I move or turn I'm just grunting and moaning! lol
6. I really didn't have any crazy cravings. Just my normal stuff. I craved fried catfish for like 2-3 weeks straight in the very beginning of my pregnancy. Besides that cravings have been very sporadic.
7. The nesting!!! OMG!!! I'm a natural nester but I was never to worried about her nursery b/c we did a niche remodel in our room for her bassinet. I knew she'd be there for 4-6 months at least so the nursery wasn't a priority. All of a sudden in my last trimester around the 8th month nothing mattered but the starting and completing the nursery!!!!! It was just an overhaul b/c I started buying everything! All these things that she probably won't use for a very long time. Ow vey!
8. The decision to give up my beloved Roman. I know the issue stemmed from being pregnant. Even though I was displeased with a lot of pet issues before I still managed. Then once I thought about those issues coupled with my daughter's presence in the home, it was a no brainer. I still miss him and think about him often. I still cry when I look at his pictures but I think I made the best decision for all of us.
9. I wasn't as emotional during the pregnancy as I thought I'd be. I didn't cry at sonograms or gush over baby clothes and items. I think b/c I was so afraid that something would happen that I had my guard up really until around my 8th month.
10. The constant gas! Lord I feel like I'm always belching! So unladylike! Oh and the heartburn goes hand and hand! If the old wivestale is true then this child has not only a head full of hair but a freaking afro!!
11. The EXCESSIVE hair growth!!! Not just on my head but everywhere!!! My stomach, my legs! Ugh it'a just unbelievable and it doesn't help when your husband refers to you a Chubaka!
12. The feeling of having her inside of me is amazing. I touch my tummy all day long. Seeing my tummy wave as she moves and thumps around in there is just extraordinary. I can not wait to see her face and hold her but I'll definitely miss "our time" on the inside.
All these things and I'm sure there's more that I can't remember right now but this experience has been pleasant. I was so worried about weight gain and stretch marks and I didn't have an issue with either. I've pretty much lost weight during this entire pregnancy and not a stretch mark in sight! I'm looking forward to being smaller than I was pre-pregnancy! I think with all the drugs out of my system the weight is just melting off. Oh another thing I LOVE is how people tell me "I'm all baby"!!! I really am all baby and I'm so blessed by that!!! Thank you Jesus!