September 13, 2012

Two good appointments today!

Well today was a good day! Besides the fact that I was up from 1-4am! Ugh this baby is literally trying to kill me!

I had my cardiologist appointment at 12:30 and the dr was SO nice! Everything checked out wonderfully! My blood pressure was good, my valves are good, the EKG went well. The dr said I had a slight heart murmur but that it was common with pregnant women and nothing to worry about. She said I did not need a follow-up visit and that everything was perfect. The dr gave me an A++ and a hug when I was leaving. Such a super sweet lady but I hope to never have to see her again! LOL I was scared as sh*t in there!

After I finished up there I went to my prenatal appointment. I lost 3lbs since last month according to my chart. I'm cool with that as long as the baby is doing awesome! Since this was a non-sono appointment it was pretty uneventful besides the joy of hearing the baby's heartbeat. Dr. Sohn put gel and this microphone thingee on the very bottom of my tummy and boom there was the heartbeat. It was so strong! We were so excited to hear that little heartbeat. Tommy and I were grinning from ear to ear. I also received a flu shot and information on cord blood banking.

Next month on the 12th I go to a perinatologist. Since I'm 35 and we conceived via IVF my OB prefers we go this route just to make sure everything is ok with the baby's heart, etc.
The appointment is a hour in a half and we get pictures and a disk. After that a appointment I have a regular prenatal appointment the next day with my OB. Actually I think we find out the sex of the baby next month which means we'll be having a gender-reveal party!!! So much going on at Casa de Hill! It's baby time! It gets more real by the minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment