October 26, 2016

Transfer was yesterday-

My oh my what a day it was! Well due to the fact that I misread an email, all yesterday morning I was expecting a call to let me know whether the embryos survived the thaw.

If you recall in 2014 I got to this point at the end of my FET and two hours before my transfer I received a call that my one and only embryo didn't survive the thaw. Devastated would be an understatement.

So needless to say I was waiting on pins and needles all morning for a phone call. By 11am I still hadn't received it and thawing began at 9am per my email. I was a nervous freaking wreck. However I proceeded forward with my plans of taking my daughter to ballet and my friend was meeting is there to watch her and take her to play until we were back home.

By 11:20 I couldn't handle anymore! I didn't want to call bc I remember not hearing anything the last time so I called and was told they'd call if there was a problem. Minutes later the call I received was devastating.

Nevertheless I called anyway. Spoke to my nurse and was like NO ONE HAS CALLED ME! I'm set to be there in an hour!!!! She was like no news is good news!!! 😳😳 Then she says wait here comes an embryologist so I'll ask to make sure. She did and everything was a go! I swear I immediately became 50lbs lighter!!!!! SO RELIEVED!!!!

So we went up there. The doctor said everything looked great. One embryo lost a few cells but it had so many to start with that we were fine. He said hey we're rated A's and that I was at a 1 for easiness on the transfer scale bc my uterus was easily accessible. It was quick and painless like I remembered and I was tilted upward after for about 20 minutes. These next few days I'll be resting. I'm so relived to have gotten this far.

I'm officially PUPO ( pregnant until proven otherwise) lol
I have a blood test on November 7th but I'll probably test before then so I can be emotionally prepared. Thank you God for getting us this far! Praying I can give my baby girl healthy sibling(s)!

No comments:

Post a Comment