September 5, 2016

Endo Scratch Anyone?

I've decided to get an Endometrin Scratch before my October transfer in hopes that it will increase my chances for a successful embryo(s) implantation. During my first IVF (for Avery-Harper) they found a polyp during my trial transfer so I had a polypectomy weeks before my transfer. My doctor said he'd go ahead and do an endo-scratch while he was in there in hopes that the tackiness that occurs when it heals would help with implantation. Now I have no way of knowing if it did but I figured why not try again. I want to do everything I can to increase my chances bc this is it! I'm praying so hard that I'm able to give Avery-Harper a healthy sibling or siblings. I don't want to have any regrets this last go round.

ENDOMETRIN SCRATCH:
Best described as being similar to a smear test, an endometrial scratch involves a quick scrape of your womb lining at a certain point in your cycle. The promising research suggests it could improve embryo implantation, especially if you’ve had failed IVF attempts before. You can have a scratch before fertility treatment with your own eggs, donor eggs or frozen embryos.
How does it work? Well, endometrial scratching seems to provoke a reaction within the inner lining of the womb. Hormones and chemicals are released to help the lining repair itself. A genetic trigger response to an endometrial scratch may give the implantation ‘green light’. In essence, the temporary injury seems to make the endometrium more receptive to an embryo. That means a better chance of a pregnancy and a live birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment