July 8, 2013

Finished Niche Pictures in the Master Bedroom

I forgot to post the "Finished" pictures for the niche remodel we did for Avery-Harper's bassinet.
Here is the initial post with all the before photos http://mylife-somethinglikeamiracle.blogspot.com/2012/11/niche-remodel-in-our-master-bedroom.html

Here are the after pictures.  It came out just as I hoped and flows effortlessly with the rest of the master. You wouldn't even know that it is a new addition.


   
We had the contractor build some shelves to house my knick-knacks and books. I am a book addict so the more shelving the better! To spruce them up I added grass cloth to the inside of each shelf. Gives it a more "dressed" look in my opinion.
  
Finished shelving to display pictures, books and trinkets

A couple of matching paintings I did especially for the niche

Faux fur rug to warm up the space and a new wall sconce (on a dimmer) to
compliment our beside lamps

The finished niche!! The bassinet is more low profile than I wanted but it went perfect with my bedroom décor! After she has outgrown it she will transition into her crib in her room. The niche space will either become a desk area or a reading nook.



No comments:

Post a Comment