December 15, 2010

Yeah I suck all the way around!

I know I know....

I've been nesting people! Thanks for the hate messages about my tardiness though...makes me feel loved! OK first things first!

The reveal for our new home was awesome. I did it just like I stated I would.
I planned a "surprise family day" with my immediate family~ my mom, my dad, my sister and my brother. They came to our apartment and we piled into the SUV and headed on our family day. Once we hit the freeway I told them we were going house-hunting, to lunch, rock-wall climbing (to shock my mom) and bowling!! I told them we were meeting our realtor first at an open house and then we'd go from there. Yay! We took them through the neighborhood around the back so they could oooh and ahhhhhh then right into our drive-way. I told them Dori (our realtor) was inside. We walked up the steps and I gave my mom the keys. At that instant I think my dad got it but my mom....well not so much. She couldn't unlock the door b/c she was so nervous (she later told me she thought a dog was inside and we were making her open the door to scare her). So I took the keys and opened it and I said "This is our home"!!! Everyone heard that but my mom. Everyone was looking around and taking it all in and then I said "mom what do you think"??? She said this is niceeeeeeeeeeeee and I said mom this is OURSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Her eyes got all big and she was like WHAT!!!!! She had no clue and had been in the house almost 5 minutes! ha ha They all loved it and we told them deliveries would be coming through-out the day and I said you guys go with Tommy and mom and J will go with me. They were baffled b/c we only had the one car since I worked downtown directly across the street. So we took them out back where our new car was parked!! Yaaaaaaaay surprise number #2...small but relevant. So we hugged and off we went to shop all day which my mom and sister LOVED!!!! The boys went to pick up TVs, dining chairs, rugs, etc...
It was a long day and my brother and mom ended up staying the night and helping us move the kitchen that night and big things the next day! It was a great family day! Worked out just as I planned! We shared the excitement of our first home with our family. It was fabulous!

We have been here almost a month now and I've been doing some major nesting. I just love being home and just "being" in my own space! We've done a lot of painting, buying new things, lotsssssssss of home depot visits! It's been great! I love it! The whole experience is dreamy! I'm still scared to be home alone at night though....too much space and too many "house sounds" and rustling leaves! UGH! However I'm getting use to it.

This Sunday I'm actually going to be baking all morning and preparing goodies to go meet all the neighbors. I've met about 6 of them so far but I've been so busy that I haven't actually got out and did my 1950's style introduction complete with baked goods, full hair and make-up, a belted dress and heels! ha ha

GET READY TO MEET "THE HILLS" EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment