October 12, 2013

You're a stay-at-home mom? So what do you DO all day?

OMG what a fabulous article!!! I can't tell you how many times I've been asked this same question! How many times I've had to "read" some fool for inquiring about my household! Ha! Frankly, when I'm ready to rest, I'll go back to work! I had much more free time when I was working outside the home! I could lunch daily, go to hair or nail appointments, decide to come in late or leave early and take breaks whenever I needed a little "me time". I definitely do not get that now that I'm home with my daughter! This is by far the most exhausting, rewarding, stressful, wonderful and emotionally driven job I've ever had. There is no salary but I'm richer now than I've ever been! Most importantly I LOVE MY JOB!

My hubby and I made the decision long before we had a child that I'd stay home to raise our
child(ren). It means less vacations, less extravagant restaurants and wayyyy less shopping for me!  However I wouldn't trade it! My daughter is my world and being home with her is an honor.

I get that we don't live in the 50's anymore so this is now taboo. However we aren't trying to keep up with the Joneses, we trying to keep up and raise Avery-Harper. I don't judge moms who work outside their homes so they need not judge me for working inside mine.


http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/10/09/youre-a-stay-at-home-mom-what-do-you-do-all-day/

No comments:

Post a Comment