March 18, 2011

Pup or no Pup...Now that's the Question!

Tommy and I always said when we bought our first house we'd get a puppy. We both like BIG DOGS. So the more we settled in and the more we spoke in spells about getting our first pup. We both are interested in a Great Dane. Yeah I know they are big as a house but I have always had big dogs, mostly German Shepherds. I know GDs are wayyyyyyy bigger but I still want one. Small dogs are OK but I just like the safety I feel with bigger dogs, even if they are push-overs. Plus when Tommy travels it will help me feel safer without feeling like I always have to have a houseguest. Anyway so I mentioned wanting a pup to my friend the other day at brunch and she told us about Great Danes of North Texas Rescue.

So I contacted them on Tuesday and did an application for adoption online. I received a couple of emails with information and on Wednesday I got the call for a phone interview. It went well and they explained in more detail how the match-making process played out. The rep told me I'd be contacted for a home visit soon. Well soon came pretty quick and I was contacted the next day! So tomorrow at 1:00 we have our home visit and the rep actually brings their own great dane. So I'm excited and nervous b/c I'll actually have a huge dog in my home and I'm OCD. This however is a wonderful idea b/c I'll be able to get a feel of what it'll be like to have a HUGE dog in my home. We'll see how it goes! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

    Thanks!

    Hailey William
    haileyxhailey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete